When looking to spruce up your home, keep these tips in mind.
- Paint. Newly painted rooms look fresh and updated. With a gallon of paint costing around $25, there’s plenty left over for brushes, sponges, and tape.
- Landscape. Shrubs, plants, and trees increase curb appeal. Having plants that are native to your region require less maintenance.
- Add a Mirror. Mirrors can visually double the space in the room making small areas look larger.
- Replace Old Fixtures. Old and noisy ceiling fans and fixtures can distract. Replace with a functional, decorative ceiling fan that has energy-efficient qualities.
- Maintain the Household. Walk around your home often to make a list of little things that may need repairing. Staying on top of maintenance eliminates problems down the road.